The team will compete mainly in European UCI races and will race primarily in Luxembourg, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. As in the past two years, the team’s roster will be composed of a mix of young riders moving up from the junior ranks and riders that come with experience.
The team will include twelve riders, of which six are Luxembourg nationals. Half of the team will be Under-23. The team will have a strong and valuable collaboration with the National Federation.
German National Markus Zingen will manage the team. “We want to stay true to the mission of a development team: offer opportunities to young cyclists to develop as athletes in a professional environment and to prepare them for a potential career in the UCI WorldTour. We will be able to offer them a balanced race program and a good team spirit.”
Leopard Development Team will have five returning riders: Piero Baffi (ITA – 08.09.90), Alex Kirsch (LUX – 12.06.92), Pit Schlechter (LUX – 26.10.90), Tom Thill (LUX – 31.03.90) and Joël Zangerle (LUX – 11.01.88).
Seven new riders are joining the ranks:
– Marco König (GER – 01.07.95): the Junior German Champion Cross & Road 2013.
– Matthias Plarre (GER – 27.01.92): Overall Winner German “Bundesliga” 2013.
– Massimo Morabito: (LUX – 25.02.93): Lux Cross U23 Champ.
– Kevin Feiereisen (LUX – 12:04.92): Sprinter & experienced track rider.
– Dennis Coenen (BEL – 13.11.91) : all-rounder, also fast guy in the sprint.
– Patrick Olesen (DEN – 09.10.94): climber.
– Florian Salzinger (GER – 05.07.83): most experienced rider on the team. He will also take up a role as directeur sportif.
Former Luxembourg champion Tom Flammang will join the team as a directeur sportif, together with Markus Zingen.
The team’s initial race program is to be announced at a later date.